Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Hobonichi x Steiff 2018-2020 review

After a lot of searches and saving up, I finally obtained all of my grail Hobobocni covers and wallets which is all the Hobonichi x Steiff A6 covers and wallets along with the teddy keychains that came out along with the Trinity theme. Since I have these now I want to give my complete review.

Note I did love the Steiff A6 techo even if the only difference was the bear symbol instead of the Arts and Science symbol and completely adored the Hobonichi Weeks with the fabric that they did in 2020 with the chocolate theme and 2019 with Sunday Best Teddy theme. Really wish that they would continue those even if they don't make any more wallets and covers because they looked very nice.

The teddy keychains were very difficult to get as they were a Japan only item, so I had to resort to eBay where the price is very inflated. The clasps on them are very well made and they are the same quality as small Steiff bears but even smaller! 

The covers are only in A6 size which is perfect for me as I love writing and journaling in A6. I do use A5 but for studying and keeping up my education and learning. I believe this is due to the fact that they are made of mohair which is specifically the hair of an Angora goat which is expensive. The hair is soft, has a bit of shine, and holds up well but in the end, this is a luxury fur. I have a feeling that if they did make an A5 size the cover would have been $500 USD which is taking into account that the A6 size and wallet goes for around $200. 

The sheen in the mohair is really noticeable in 2018 as well as the Cafe Au Lait cover and wallet which is very nice but also makes it difficult to get the color accurate in pictures with certain lighting. 


The Trinity cover and wallet in 2020 are unique as they used curly mohair which gives this amazing texture. All of the covers and wallets are soft but running your fingers on the Trinity cover and wallet is very nice. The rich chocolate color only makes you want to touch the cover and enjoy the curls. The Trinity cover is the only one with three book marks instead of the usual two! 

The 2018 cover is the only one out of everything that doesn't have the keychain ring but I love that they made a black mohair cover since it is the most natural fur colors and relates to the misunderstood near which is the teddy bear of Hobonichi! Hope to one day get the Misunderstood Bear teddy bear but it will be a challenge unless Hobonichi brings it back.

The covers have fewer pockets than most of the other Hobonichi covers cause they only have them on the right side instead of both sides. This is fine cause the inside is leather. The wallets have many card slots and spaces to hold cash, receipts, and other important items along with your Hobonichi weeks. The wallet is almost like a clutch that you carry in your hand while outside just without the strap. The pen holder is big enough for a pen clip so if you want to carry a pen with your weeks it is best to get a pen with a sturdy clip.






Overall I am so happy to have these and will continue using them for as long as possible cause I don't think I will buy any more covers after this. I do recommend these especially for Steiff fans and collectors cause now you can journal and write with covers that remind you of a nice cuddle teddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment