Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2020

The Superior Labor William Morris Pen Roll Review

 Hello and welcome to a stationery review! This year I really got more into fountain pens but I had no proper place to store them. I had them in a pencil case until I resorted the pen collection, then I placed them in a large tin container before I finally decided to buy a pen roll. 

I purchased the Fruit William Morris Pen Roll made by The Superior Labor in late November and I have been using it every day since I received it. I bought this from Baum-Kuchen which is one of my favorite shops to order from. The packaging was amazing as it came in plastic in a cardboard holder with The Superior Labor 2020 Holiday label on it. If you want you can see it in this TikTok I made of it being unpacked.

Update: As of late December I purchased the other William Morris pen roll with the Strawberry Thief fabric and yellow interior liner. There will be pictures of both now in this post! 

As soon as I opened it the lovely leather smell was noticeable and I do enjoy smelling it however it is a lot less now as I been using it.




The stitching is very neat and nicely done. The thread is not thick, it is a slightly darker brown than the leather but it almost adds to the design. 



The leather is a nice natural dark brown which feels great. The Superior Labor stamp is on the bottom of the larger pocket. The interior liner of the Fruit design is a dark forest green that feels smooth and possibly water-resistant while the interior liner of the Strawberry Thief is mustard yellow.






The William Morris fabric feels smooth and like canvas. The William Morris Fruit design is a nice soft almost mustard yellow with yellow-green leaves and red and dark yellow fruits. The William Morris Strawberry Thief design is a lovely navy with mustard yellow and blue plant stems, red strawberries, and green leaves.





The brass buckle allows for extra room cause with ten fountain pens inside and it is on the third buckle.




I personally adore this pen roll, it is practical and the William Morris design really adds an even more natural feel to the natural vegetable-tanned leather. The interior liner of the Fruit design is a beautiful match to the overall yellow tone of the fabric and the mustard yellow interior liner of the Strawberry Theif is a great contrast to the overall blue tone.

I recommend this pen roll especially if people like having a buckle to secure the pen roll instead of a loose leather string and been looking for a pen roll to carry six pens and a pocket notebook or ten to eleven pens plus liking soft flower prints or anything with plants and flowers like myself.

 Now if I can buy all the fountain pens I really want it will be around 20 pens in total so having ten in each pen roll sounds reasonable. 

Let me know if in the comments what you have been using to store your fountain pens! Love seeing what other people use. Until next time stay hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment