Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Hobonichi 2020 Setup and Supplies

Hello everybody! Tsubaki here and back with my Hobonichi setup and supplies. It is a new year and almost everyone that is into planning has secured a planner or multiple planners to better track and organize their work and productivity. I decided after much research that I would continue to use Hobonichi but go from the weekly to the day per page A6 size. I felt that I needed more writing space and that I tend to go overlooked by day than the entire week.

Since it is already February (when I started writing this post), I feel like I have secured how I am doing things in my planner and what I’m using in it. I hope to make this post at least every year which would be interesting to me if I decide to switch things up or figure out what works and doesn’t work. So far I only realized that the Hobonichi weeks and a standard monthly calendar both work but it’s not enough writing space. I needed a planner with a monthly overview to track events, holidays and bills but also a daily spread to layout what I work on during the day. 

To give some background I have a 9am to 5pm job Monday through Friday and I run a small card shop online on TCGplayer. Besides those things, I journal, junk journal and play video games on multiple consoles and PC. With all of this in mind, it is easy to layout what I need to do every day. 

The A6 Hobonichi I bought is in English and is the Steiff edition. I am a huge fan of Steiff so I also bought the Trinity cover when it came out. I love how the cover feels, the chocolate color and that it has three-page holders with each of the little helper bears named Choco, Au Lait, and Bisc. I hope to get last years Steiff cover as well so if I want to switch covers I can. Please note that these items were purchased from the official Hobonichi website.





The cover is like an actual teddy bear I can’t put a cover on cover on it. However thanks to RainbowHolic’s amazing YouTube channel I realized that the Delfonic medium pouch perfectly fits an A6 Hobonichi and bought this beautiful pink one through their store. I love it so much because it has so many pockets both inside and out and even if you fill it with stuff it still stands up pretty well. It can also be used as a bag if you attach a strap. I really recommend their store because they really package everything with care, have a large variety of Japan-exclusive stationery and are very responsive if you have questions! 

Now onward to stationery and pens. I have a large amount of Sarasa Zebra clip pens in a multitude of colors which I use when I really want to color in the monthly calendar. I keep in two Sentimental Circus cases especially since most of them have cute designs of characters on them and I don’t want them to get damaged. I also have Sarasa multi pens that I leave in the pouch because it is easy to refill them if they run out. My favorite is the Mister Donut Sarasa multi pen. I also started using Emott Uni 0.4 pens which are amazing because they don’t bleed through the paper. I got a 40 set from Kinokuniya for a good price and highly recommend getting these if you want a good pen tip size and a whole lovely set of colors. 










 For stationery, I keep Hello Kitty sticker highlights, in the cover, which are great especially for the monthly pages. I write what I have to complete and this are great for separating lists. I have some cute theme stickers from artists on Etsy that I put when I’m doing certain things or it’s a special day. There are also stickers with this sweet shaved ice design that I use to stick the date from my daily calendar on the day. It helps me because it’s like I completed a whole other day! In the other pockets I have my favorite washi tape samples on Starbucks cards. In the lower cover pocket I have a pair of secretary pocket scissors. I love these a lot because they are flat and rounded off so I can slip them in anywhere without worrying about things getting ruined. 





In the Delfonic pouch is more stationery since not everything I use can fit in the limited pouches in the Steiff cover.  Between the four inner sections there are Winnie the Pooh deco tapes, a Kokuyo round edge cutter, a Hobonichi bear weight, some thin washi tapes and more shaved ice stickers. In the outside pockets are my Hobonichi pens some book markers, stickers, white out, Kokuyo Crayon Highlighters and these cute bear cafe sticky notes I found at Kinokuniya. This pouch holds so much that it has helped me declutter my desk quite a bit. 









Now for how I use everything I gave so much detail about. I always use the hourly timeline on the left of every page to fill in my day. I color the time blocks with my crayon highlighters and use the Emott Uni pens to write what I’m doing for each time block. On the right side I write down major highlights of my day or there is a list of major things I needed to get done which I check off. These switch depending on how busy things get for me especially since I’m juggling multiple things all the time. In the monthly section I use it to track due dates for bills, major events like conventions and set dates for meeting with friends and going out. The tracker page is used to track my overall emotions. I realized last year was a very emotional time so I’m trying to understand how often I feel a certain way and how I can get in a mind set so my emotions won’t hinder me as much as they did last year. 

That wraps up everything for me. I really enjoy seeing how people been using their Hobonichi and what they use cause they really inspire me to try new things! Hope to at least have two or even more posts for you guys this month so stay tuned and stay hyped! 

No comments:

Post a Comment