Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Traveler’s Notebook: My Uses and Setup 2020

Hello everybody! Tsubaki here and with a clear explanation of my Traveler’s Notebook setups and what I use them for! 2019 was a great year because I had fallen in love with the Traveler’s Notebook because of how it is so flexible with what inserts you can use and how easy it is to exchange pockets and inserts making everything customizable from paper color and texture. It is a very nice smooth leather notebook that is completely customized by you and is very convenient for people that are always traveling.

I am tired of using basic notebooks and note pads because of how often I use them for work. The Traveler’s Notebook is my dream notebook that I love to carry at all costs and I am excited to share what I use, where I got everything and my setups. There will be plenty of links that I hope will help whoever wants to drive into Traveler’s Notebooks in the future. Please note that as of the time I post this I feel like I have finally created a solid setup and might not alter it besides switching out inserts for a new one when they are used up. 

I have two regular size Traveler’s Notebooks, one in black and the other in olive green. The black one I had gotten from Kinokuniya in NYC. The olive green one I ordered brand new off of Etsy. I love green and the olive green is such a beautiful mixture of green and brown. It is hard to find the olive green in stores because it was a limited edition color that came out in 2017. It is best to ask sellers that often stock Traveler’s Notebook items if they can find one for you or follow a couple of shops and buy it when it comes up. 







Why I decided to have two Traveler’s Notebooks is so that one is my everyday carry, which is the black TN, and the other, the olive green TN, is my positive thought notebook. Both TNs have a Traveler's Factory x TO & FRO collaboration organizer pouch because I move them around quite a lot and this helps protect them from everything else in my bags. Both also have a Fourruof Traveler’s Notebook fabric insert that has one pocket in the front with three card slots and a zipper pocket in the back. It is sturdy and comes in some lovely colors so I highly recommend it if you want a colorful pouch insert. 

 My everyday TN has a daily two-month diary which I write down everything that happened in the day, any ideas I have and my thoughts. I used to make notes on my phone on daily stuff but once I found this insert I immediately switched to writing in my TN. Another one is my doodle insert where I draw out random stuff, mostly using Uni-Ball Signo pens. Uni-Ball Signo pens come in so many colors and are really great to use on this paper. The other insert is where I practice my handwriting and lettering. I set it up this way to make sure I get out everything I was thinking during the day both writing and drawing wise. Some doodles I do in my TN I redraw in my art books or on card stock papers which I plan to sell. The handwriting insert was added because I felt like I needed to improve my handwriting due to all the orders that have been coming in lately, and I usually ship them out in envelopes that are handwritten. The pouch has samples of washi tape and stickers to decorate. 





















My positive thought TN has a blank insert which I decorate and write ideas and quotes in. Most of the quotes I find are from inspirational videos on YouTube or from podcasts. I love flipping through it to help me regain purpose when I feel down. Most of the stickers I use are from artists I support on Patreon. Another insert is another blank insert which I glue stamps into. I love getting postcards and mail especially when they are really decorated and colorful. I save some limited edition stamps I get from the Post Office as well as cute stamps I get from mail-in this insert. Most of my stamps are Winnie the Pooh and used Japanese stamps with their Japan Post cute bear mascot Posu Kuma! This pouch holds stamps until I place them in the book and stickers as well.









I currently have three charms. The Prada charm, the Traveler’s Notebook that recently came out and the Manual Factory bear. I got the Prada charm from the pop up in NYC and the Traveler’s Notebook from Kinokuniya in NYC. The Manual Factory bear I bought from Etsy. 





This ends my uses and setup for this lovely year of 2020! I hope to make another post on my recent limited edition insert collection so far, so please look forward to it. I really love knowing how other people do their setup and what they use it for because the possibilities are endless, so comment how you are working in your TN <3 

Until next time! Keep up the hype!

No comments:

Post a Comment