Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Uni-Style Fit, Sarasa Select, Coleto and I+ Sliccies Custom Multi-pen Review

At long last, we can review multi pens! To start these are ones that are available in multiple barrel sizes such as three, four, and five slots plus are customizable to the point where you can pick the ink colors you want.

The shops that do have the following multi-pens and their refills which I have bought from are JetPens and Tokyo Pen Shop. A few of these pens I did buy from an IG seller a year or so ago and might not be available anymore.

The first one I will start with is the Uni Style Fit. They have a standard form that comes with a barrel for single color, three colors, four colors, and five colors as well as a meister barrel in three or five colors. I personally like the meister barrel because it has a metal clip that doubles as a pen push tab. The standard has a plastic clip that is also a pen push tab. The refills use Uni-Ball Signo ink and come in 0.28, 0.38, and 0.5mm tip sizes. They also have ballpoint refills in 0.5, 0.7, and 1.0mm. This pen also has an option for a mechanical pencil component which takes 0.5mm lead.

The refills I use are 0.38 and I love it a lot cause the colors are very vibrant, the ink works even after I haven't used it for a while and the overall pen feels well built. 


Winnie the Pooh Uni Style Fit Meister

The Zebra Sarasa Select comes in a barrel of three or five colors and the barrel itself is partly clear so you can easily see which colors are in it. Currently, they have the regular plastic grip barrels and the soft grip barrels. The refills available are 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5mm and also has mechanical pencil component in 0.3, 0.4 and 0.5mm lead sizes.

I like how Sarasa in general writes as the gel glides on paper but it is easy to smudge and they will dry out if you haven't used it in a while. There are also ballpoint refills available for those that prefer it! Design-wise Sarasa Select is my personal favorite as I was able to get this Mister Donut 5 color pen body and use it a lot. Sarasa's collabs are very cute but also limited so I suggest if you find one to grab it quick. 



Mister Donut Sarasa Select with Mister Donut refills

The Pilot HI TEC-C Coleto comes in two, three, four, and five-barrel options and has refills in 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5mm plus there is a mechanical pencil in 0.5mm and an eraser component. 

Coleto refills I find are easier to get as my local Kinokuniya has a whole section of wall dedicated to all the gel color options and different barrels. Coleto also knows if it's cute designs as they have Sailor Moon and Mary Quant limited-edition barrels. However, Coleto is very smart with their design as the refills come with different push designs like Sailor Moon bows, Mary Quant Flowers, and the standard clovers and hearts. I don't like it so much because the designs so rub off easily sadly as you can see in the pictures with my Hello Kitty barrel, also the ink does skip sometimes even when it's not close to being empty. 

RIP Hello Kitty. The design chipped so bad T3T


Mary Quant Coleto and Sailor Moon refills


Last is the Pentel I+ Sliccies which is the most recent multi-pen I discovered. It comes in a three or five-color barrel which has a clear grip section for you to see the ink level. Has a 0.3 and 0.5mm pencil unit option and takes Sliccies, Energel, and Vicuna refill. Energel is available in 0.4 and 0.5mm and Sliccies is available in 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5mm. I have only seen Vicuna refills in 0.5 but there can be a possibility that other retailers have it in other sizes.

I like using this with writing addresses on letters because it just hasn't smudged. Whatever Pentel's formula is I think people need to stop sleeping on it cause it does work. The only downside is that it isn't as available as the other multi-pens mentioned.


Rilakkuma Pentel I+

Overall choosing a multi-pen comes down to if you like the barrel when you write and if you like the ink. I hope in the future all these brands do improve their multi-pens cause I think having a custom ink palate for under $10 with $2 refills is amazing plus putting out all their refills and barrels into more physical stores. Refills are cheap but paying expensive shipping for cheap refills might not feel worth it unless you are buying them in bulk.

Sarasa Select after a while just doesn't wanna work with you as seen in the quick scribble

Let me know if there are any custom multi-pens I missed in the comments below! Until next time, stay hyped!


No comments:

Post a Comment