Search This Blog

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Pilot Cavalier Fountain Pen Review

I am back on the train with another pen review and this one is from Pilot! I bought this for myself and this is all my own opinion.

As with most of my pens, I bought this at Yoseka Stationery. They have reopened their doors and have a gorgeous display of pens for you to try which includes the Pilot Cavalier. The price is $36 for the regular colors with metal clip and trim and $58 for the marbled with gold clip and trim. I got the regular pink color.


The pen is slim but not a pocket pen as it is as tall as a Pelikan M800 when capped.  It looks so very sleek and professional that I actually use it with my work FiloFax because it doesn't stand out. The cap does add a bit of weight when posted but it is not enough to discourage you from posting it. It also has a long grip section which might be awesome depending on how your grip is.



Top is Pelikan M800 Brown-Black, Middle is Sailor Pro Gear Slim YukiTsubaki and Bottom is Pilot Cavalier in Pink.

The pen only comes in fine and medium nib plus it does run on the finer side. I personally got the medium after testing out both nibs and can say that it writes very smoothly but the fine is closer to an extra fine and the medium is closer to what I usually have with a fine nib. I inked it up with DeAtramentis Document Ink Black after putting in a Con-40 converter and it writes with no problem. I might keep this pen as my official black ink pen from now on! It keeps up with my daily work notes which is just what I need. This pen also takes the Pilot Namiki Cartridges if you don't want to deal with the Con-40.

A big plus is that when you post and cap the pen it makes this very satisfying click! If you don't want a twist to post and cap pen plus want the click of securement, this needs to be on your list.

Very happy that this pen has a clip because I would be afraid of misplacing it. I barely even notice it if it is in between pages of my FiloFax so I leave this in the loop when not in use.

Overall this is an awesome pen for under $40! Super recommend it to people not wanting to spend over $100 but want a nice pen you can take to the office and give you a nice writing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment