Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Onion Skin Paper Review

I am finally making moves on trying out different kinds of paper cause there is so much out there! I have mostly been using Tomoe River paper and ca.crea notebooks and I believe it is about time I try out other paper.

Onion skin paper has been showing up on my feed and YouTube recommendations lately and I went and bought some cause it looks amazing and very useful. I did in fact buy it for my own personal use and everything here is my own opinion.

This notepad came nicely packaged that I hope to buy other products from them in the future!


The shop is called Remy Road and the notepad was priced at $22. It has 125 sheets of 5.4-inch by 8.5-inch premium quality onion skin paper, and a guide with line and grid. The cover has an ouroboros design on it. The pages are easy to remove with a tug which makes it great for people using a few sheets for journaling and letters.



At first glance, the paper looks like tracing paper cause it is very translucent however many people have been using fountain pens on it from what I see in other reviews. Below will be my test of almost all the pens and inks I currently have on this paper. Now the main reason why I bought this is to write letters with my fountain pens since I am trying to make more space to have a reason to try out even more inks. The letter pens I own do not fountain pen friendly so I am hoping this will help me solve that issue. This paper is also very light making it most optimal for letters.


Overall this paper does handle J. Herbin, DeAtramentis, Lennon Tool Bar, and Sailor Jentle inks well but poorly for Robert Oster and Ink Institute as it doesn't look crisp on the paper possibly cause of how the inks are made. Noodler's ink looks better than Robert Oster and Ink Institute on here but I personally won't use it. DeAtramentis looks like the safest one on here which is good cause I hope to try more colors of the document ink line it in the future. The good thing is everything dried pretty quick! 



I do recommend this paper if people are willing to use certain inks on it. However, if people are looking to journal with this I think it is a great investment cause you could layer this on stuff and have an awesome effect on the page. Either way, I plan to keep this and use it quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment