Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Kaweco AL Sport Golden Espresso Review

Yes, you read the title right, this is another Kaweco AL Sport review! I think it is clear that I really like these as this is the third one I own now but either way, let us get into the Golden Espresso.

This was released in December 2020 and it is a U.S. exclusive with 700 in production. I was debating on getting this since December but it did sell out in the nib size I wanted but thankfully Yoseka Stationery restocked it and I finally have it in my hands.

I purchased this from Yoseka Stationery for $85 which I think is a great and reasonable price for a limited production AL Sport. This is also considering that I paid over $100 for the other two limited productions Kaweco AL Sports which sadly were harder to find and less widely available.

The clip was purchased separately for $6 which is standard for all Kaweco clips. I got the gold clip to match the gold finial and gold-plated nib. On the cap in gold lettering and a very classy font is "Golden Espresso" which you can see is printed on top of the cap, not engraved or lasered in. The matte espresso color really goes together with the gold details.



Kaweco Sports are pocket pens so it is small but I lean more towards small pens. The size is great if you have a Traveler's Notebook in Passport size since while it is capped it is slightly shorter than the notebook making it look like it was made for it. The fact that it is an aluminum body makes it perfect for travel cause it feels sturdy and ready to hit the road.

I used up the royal blue cartridge it came with and filled it with Robert Oster Caffe Crema because it looks like a great match plus I love coffee and espresso-themed anything. This is a fine nib and it writes great! Below is how it compares with another Kaweco fine nib. Robert Oster is my favorite traveling ink so the fact that it has no problem with it makes my day.

Overall and again, I can't recommend Kaweco AL Sport pens enough! Especially if you can get one for under $100 it is a great sturdy pocket fountain pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment