Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Lamy AL-Star (Green Collection) Review

I really fell into a rabbit hole with Lamy which is pretty crazy but I love all these pens so much! I did a review of all of my Lamy Safari pens and I decided to get green AL-Star pens as well. This post covers the Lamy AL-Star Charged Green, Blue-Green, and Silver Green. 

I love going r/penswap on Reddit because I get to see loads of different pens and ink up for trade. Thankfully one person was selling the Lamy AL-Star charged green used but in great condition and I bought it for about $60 including shipping which I was happy to do. It got here so fast I was shocked along with how the actual color of this pen is. It is as if green was electrified almost making it glow. I changed the nib to a 1.5 and have no problems with it and love having shimmer inks in it.


The Lamy AL-Star Blue-Green was the least challenging color to get since it is available in stores. I ordered it from Goldspot Pens which is an amazing local seller for me and they have a good selection of Lamy pens. Blue-Green reminds me of the sea as it is blue as much as it is green with a metallic body. I swapped the nib for a 1.9 and I must say that Diamine Aurora Borealis looks great with this pen.


Last is the Lamy AL-Star Silver Green required a lot more time to get because it is hard to get and expensive since if you find it the price is over $100. I was hunting it down on eBay and at last, the hunt is over and successful! The seller was great and the shipping was super quick. This color is my favorite among the AL-Stars as it looks like a true metallic green. I switched the nib to a 1.1 and can't wait to have J.Herbin Vert Atlantide in here!


Overall if you love aluminum pens that really give off a shine and don't mind the grip section of the Lamy I recommend these hands down. Either way, thank you for reading my journey of pen hunting, I am so glad to say that I can slow down now on pens and use up my ink samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment