Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

How I Been Making my Journal Thick and Chunky

This is a random post but it is a question I got recently, and that is, how did I make my Hobonichi Techo so chunky! 

Please note the term "chonky" is also used for chunky journals like how it has been used all over the internet for overweight/chunky pets. #teamchonk

Now to start I want to say that I do write every day but it does not impact the chunk of the planner itself. This post will be diving into everything else that actually makes my planner look like it is going to explode by the end of the year like my 2020 Hobonichi Techo here.

One chunk attributing item is adding Fujifilm Instax pictures into the pages. I do this by either using Nichiban tape adhesive and or washi tape. The film itself is thick so even if you use it sparingly it will thicken your planner up a lot. Below is one spread I did this year where I used it for the fresh snow outside. I also use it for anime shows when I finally finish all the seasons.

The next item is adding all the stickers I get in packages into my Hobonichi. Since I stopped buying stickers by the dozen I make sure to use up all the ones I receive in my stationery orders and packages. Below is just one example of me slapping all the stickers down to remember the packages I received that day.


The following item is ephemera in general. I paste and stick handwritten notes and cut out decorations from packages and envelopes. I like doing this because I get to cherish each package and mail I receive. Adding this in my Hobonichi Techo uses a lot of adhesive tape and washi tape but when you consider that I am adding business cards, cardstock, and cute letter paper on top of more paper it does makes sense how my planner gets too thick.

Last is washi tape which I use pretty often. I believe that even if you only use washi tape, it will get thick, especially if you use washi tape in the same place of the notebook every time.

Really hope this was a good explanation and helpful to those that wanted to understand what I do in my Hobonichi. If you have any other questions please feel free to let me know, I would be happy to make a post explaining it.

No comments:

Post a Comment