Search This Blog

Saturday, March 20, 2021

TWSBI AL Mini in Mint Blue Review

Hello and welcome back to another fountain pen review! I realize that working from home truly has been given me the chance to find more fountain pens which I am happy about but at the same time, I wish I knew about these sooner! The TWSBI AL mini is one of those pens I never really knew about until I wandered onto Youtube and multiple online stores. 

First, off I bought this one from Goulet Pens but sadly if you check out the store now the Mint is sold out completely and it is discontinued. The price was $65 which I feel is great especially since I also got a 1.1mm stub nib on it. This was a bit of an impulse purchase but I am very happy with it.

The overall TWSBI design still looks amazing even in this shortened pen body. You can still see all the ink inside, the entire piston filler, and this lovely soft blue that is labeled as mint. Thankfully unlike the TWSBI 580AL this does post by twisting the cap making this a nice travel pen like the Kaweco Sport, just that it is a bit longer.




The nib is steel and writes with no problems. I personally got stub because I really wanted to use one and I love it. It is so amazing to see the thick downstroke when using it and makes cursive and print look better on paper which is exactly why I used it on letters. I heard that TWSBI stubs are wonderful and I am seconding that motion.


This TWSBI as well as the 580AL are easy to clean plus if you invest in the TWSBI inkwell for $25 to $30 like these that I bought from Pen Boutique there is no mess in refilling your pen cause you can untwist the nib, place it on the spout and, twist the filler for a nearly one try fill.

Overall I super recommend the TWSBI mini especially if you don't want a Kaweco AL Sport or Sport but still want a small fountain pen for travel that isn't plastic.

If you enjoy all these fountain pen reviews, stationery reviews, my hoard of limited edition games, and me covering all of otaku life please check out my Patreon! You will get sneak peeks on what I'm poking at for future posts and know exactly what is coming up every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment