Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2021

TWSBI Diamond 580AL in Emerald Green Review

I am getting closer and closer to reviewing all the fountain pens in my collection, which means two things. One is that I will hopefully be requiring some pens I been saving up for a very long time, and two is that we will finally get to the more expensive and limited edition pens.

This post will be all about this wonder TWSBI Diamond 580AL in emerald green! I do have one more TWSBI pen to cover which will be out next week.

To start off I bought this from Yoseka Stationery for $60, which to me is such a good price when you consider that this is a piston filling pen with a steel nib and looks stunning. I got the emerald green cause I love green along with coffee browns and flower-based designs. The TWSBI Diamond 580AL is available in other colors such as rose, silver and there is TWSBI Diamond 580ALR which has a matte finish that comes in Prussian blue, nickel grey, punch pink, and purple. 




The design of this is so interesting to look at and play with cause this can be fully deconstructed and put back together, plus you can see all the ink in the pen very clearly along with the piston. The TWSBI logo is at the finial and the body has this nice edged design. It is a bit heavy but it is a tall pen however you can not post with it. When the cap on it is a few millimeters taller than the Lamy Safari.

This is available in extra-fine, fine, medium, broad, and 1.1 stub nibs. As always I got the fine nib and this writes so nicely that I use it for all my shimmer inks. Had no problems with clogging and really brings out the shine. The nib is steel but for the price the writing experience is amazing. Would be nice if TWSBI had gold or dual-tone nib option for other higher price points cause I think people would still buy it.

Inking this up was easy after applying the silicone grease, which is stated in the instructions it comes with. Feels very satisfying looking at the shimmer in the pen.

This pen is perfect got people who want a more substantial pen in length, and construction but with a price point of under $100. Very much recommend this pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment