Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2021

Lamy Safari (My Green Collection) Review

Hello and welcome back to another fountain pen review! This post will cover a total of four pens in my collection since they are all Lamy Safaris but in different greens. I waited to do this review because I wanted to include the latest one that came out this month (March) which is the Savannah. 

The four green Lamy Safari pens I currently have are the Mint Glaze, Neon Green (black finial), Green/Apple Green (Black finial), and the 2021 Savannah [in the picture from bottom to top]. All of them are fine size nibs and have Z28 converters.

The price for Lamy Safari pens is so affordable it makes it so easy to collect at a nice dollar amount around $30. Please note this is not including the AL-Star which is a bit more money but didn't have a green I was willing to buy. The converters are around $6 which is normal for a converter.

The Z28 converter is a must-have for the Safari because it has side bits that click into place when the converter is pushed in. This is also the best converter I ever used out of all the pens I have in my collection. It is easy to twist, it pops in the pen, it is secure and it works well even with sketching ink!

The main reason why I have so many Lamy Safari pens is that I like using them a lot. The grip section is comfortable and even makes it optimal for drawing. The pen overall is light and the clip is very long but sturdy and looks great with the shape of the pen.

Lamy at least has a large variety of colors which makes it easy for anyone to find their favorite. I like how each of these greens is completely different and that the Savannah is textured! The Mint Glaze is a soft cloudy green, the neon is bright, the green/apple is a perfect must-have green and the Savannah is a dark almost cameo-like green with a black clip and nib to go with it.

The nibs are very consistent even with very wet inks and I don't have a problem using any kind of ink with these. I also appreciate how easy it is to switch out nibs with the Lamy Safari, I have some spare mediums in case I want to use those instead.


Overall I recommend Lamy Safari to everybody. They are affordable, stylish, and amazing writers! Even more of a plus is if you are a person that uses different nib sizes, these are easy to switch up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment