Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Kokuyo PASTA Soft Marker Review

I am finally back with another stationery review! I feel as if I been focusing too much on the pen reviews but I still have a handful more fountain pens to cover along with stationery.
This post will be all about the Kokuyo PASTA Soft Markers! These gained sudden popularity after they added even more colors to the collection making it a very good set to get. I have all the colors so far so let us jump into it.


To start off the price of these are $4 each and there is a total of 30 normal colors and 5 neon/fluorescent colors. Thus if you buy them individually it is $140 which is pricey overall. The first ones I bought were from Baum-Kuchen and the rest were from Yoseka Stationery. What I like about them is that these are refillable and the refills cost a little under $3. It is easy to replace the refill and each refill is a pack of two.




The overall shape is rectangular with a rectangular grip section. The other end is very easy to twist to push more of the soft marker out. You can even reverse the twist with no problem. The body comes with a sticker that has the name of the color on it and the cap has the color ID.



Now the major reason why this is a soft marker is that it writes like a smooth crayon but instead of wax or oil, it is water-based and easy to layer. It glides effortlessly on any paper making this an amazing highlighter or drawing marker. I personally started using these for highlighting in my Hobonichi Techo but now I also use them to color when I have too much on my mind and want to relax.





Some colors like the brown one when you layer it a lot will rub onto the other page, so if using this in a planner try not to layer it so much.

Overall I love these but would recommend them if people are looking for a highlighter and or drawing marker at the same time as it is pricey. I personally don't like highlighters but these I lot using all the time. If you love the texture it gives and how smooth it is this is worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment