Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Moonman Wancai Mini in Green Swirl

Hello everyone and welcome back to yet another fountain pen review. Where I am completely honest with you about each and every pen I purchased. This post will cover the interesting Moonman Wancai Mini and the one I have is the green swirl.

This was the first fountain pen I ordered online and it is from JetPens. The price is $20.50 which is great cause it came with cartridges, an eyedropper and, came in a box which is perfect for people that never had an eyedropper pen before. All it was missing is some silicon grease which you would put on the treads to prevent ink from leaking out.

This pen is the smallest pen I have currently as of the start of 2021. It might be small but it is very nice for travel, however, I don't put this in my pen roll because you can't see it once you place it in. When it is posted it is a nice size to write with. Another plus is that it is a thread posted pen so the cap will be secure as you write some notes outside.

The shape of the pen is a bit of an issue because with no clip this pen will roll off of your desk all the time. It has nothing to stop it from rolling so I often end up leaving it in a cup or in my analog pouch when not in use.

The pen body is a frosted light green with solid white swirls. The amount of ink is clearly seen through the pen which makes it helpful to notice when you are going to run out. (Ink shown is Sailor Jentle Apricot) This pen is most optimal as an eyedropper pen because it can hold almost 3ml of ink! This great ink capacity is perfect for trips and, using up ink samples like I am currently doing with it. 

The nib only came in one size but it worked out for me because it was a fine nib and I personally love using fine nibs. The nib is not changeable.


This writes ok but feels a bit scratchy, might be how this nib is on tomoe river paper but it is not my favorite to write with. It is a good fine nib as it isn't that thick of a line.

Overall I personally like this pen but I know I can't recommend this pen to others because of how small it is. I have small hands so when this is posted I'm good to go and writing with this in the park, but if you have larger hands you might not feel comfortable with this at all. However, if the size doesn't matter I would recommend people to try this as an eyedropper, especially to take care of all those ink samples (which I am guilty of).

Thank you everybody for reading. Let me know in the comments if you like any eyedropper pens, and until next time, stay hype! 

No comments:

Post a Comment