Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2020

The Superior Labor Clear PVC Medium Bag Review

 Oh boy, more Superior Labor products! LET'S GO! 

Hello, traveling stationery lovers! Tsubaki here with yet another amazing bag by The Superior Labor to tell you all about today! 

Now long story short, I bought this as a replacement for my usual traveling bag. My old one had peeled so bad that it is almost embarrassing to go outside with it. It was made out of black faux leather and cost like $65 so I wasn't surprised it only lasted two years. 

For all of those wondering where I did I order the bag from, it is from 26 market! With the Black Friday discount, it was about $200. The packaging was amazing, no plastic bubble wrap for me to dread in and got here in two weeks which is amazing considering how horrifically backed up USPS has been. 

All the reasons why I decided on this bag will be explained as we go over it.

I got the bag with the green on the bottom because I love green. The other options were blue and white. The Superior Labor is right on the front in solid black letters and comes with the leather tag.




It came in this nice dust bag which I keep it in when I'm not using it cause I am always battling dust in this apartment. Always appreciate a dust bag.



The nude leather straps are definitely what sold me on this. The length is just right and can be adjusted with the beautiful brass buckles. At the lowest buckle hole, the bag stays on my shoulder and doesn't slide off when I walk and move around.  That was a huge problem for me before and now I am so excited to finally not have to struggle. The highest buckle hole is perfect for when you just want to carry around like a briefcase.



The zipper is white and matches the white thread used all along with the bag. The zipper does not close the entire bag as there are openings at the sides. However, the zipper is high enough that it can close with a full Engineer pouch inside like I do in the picture below.



The bag without anything in it is not heavy at all. So if the bag is heavy it is due to the amount of stuff you placed in it. In other words, it will only be heavy if you bought half the book store instead of the few books you came in for.

I filled the bag with my Engineer pouch with all my usual travel items, two pen rolls, Starbucks cup (20 ounces), a tote bag for shopping, a face mask case, and my Surface and there is still space possibly for my Hobonichi and a snack Most of the space in my bag goes to all the stationery refills and manga(s) I buy from Kinokuniya so this bag will help me not need multiple tote bags while I pick up stuff outside. It can still zip up without a straw in the Starbucks cup. Recommend no taller than a grande size cup if you want to zip it with a straw.



Now the overall amazing thing with the bag is that is it clear. You can see right through it. This is great because most of what I carry is a Traveler's Notebook, drink cup, and whatever stationery I'm trading with a close friend. I want to not have to dig in my bag to get something out. With this, I hope I never forget my wallet or my keys ever again plus I can show my growing plant and flower pin collection. This bag can be used for concerts where they recommend you bring a clear bag because security must check all bags or any place in general where your bags get checked. I don't carry anything I'm afraid of people seeing so I rather they just look right in the bag and be OK without their hands going inside the bag.



The plus side is that it does have two pockets that are perfect for your keys, wallet, and a few other small items. 



Now for the PVC. I did take this into consideration as I live in what is possibly the filthiest city in the USA and would like if things I own are completely black or very easy to clean. If I spill anything or anything gets on it I can empty it out and spray it down at home. 

Overall I love this bag. I think it will last me five times longer than my old one plus it is easy for me to carry around. I recommend it to people that were looking for a clear bag before but couldn't settle on one because they didn't have enough space. Also recommend it to people that carry their sketchbooks, journals, and traveling stationery around because it is nice to know where everything is when you go to your meet-up or just chilling by yourself in a cafe.

Let me know in the comments if you also bought more Superior Labor bags and pouches and what you use them for. 

Until next time, stay hype!


No comments:

Post a Comment