Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2019

Cytus Alpha Switch Review

Cytus Alpha Review!
Before this post really gets started. I must say that this physical special edition went very under the radar! I had found it at a GameStop in the city and it just so happened they had a copy. The box was slightly dinged up due to it being out on display because it was the last copy but the CD was in great condition. I knew this game was available on the Switch digitally however I was very much delayed from getting a Switch due to finances and moving. I am super happy to say that I am 100% pleased with buying this as I explain a bit.
If you didn’t play Cytus before on your phone, it is a rhythm game with music from various artists and as you progress with completing and perfecting the songs you unravel the story. Cytus was amazing on mobile but sadly I personally did not finish more than four chapters due to me not spending to unlock the rest of the game. Which is why getting this game digitally or physically on the Switch is amazing because it is buying everything at one time! If you somehow get your hands on the special edition it is even more of a gain for you because it comes with a CD for the same price you would pay for a brand new game anyway.





The CD is exclusive because it has ten new songs that are only for the Switch! These songs are in a new chapter that is only in Cytus Alpha. It comes in a simple cardboard CD sleeve with the game design.

I have been playing this game a lot so I will talk about how much different it is playing this on the Switch compared to my old iPhone 5 and iPhone 6s, and just how it is for me overall.

To make it very clear, it feels completely different playing it on the Switch due to the size. Unless you were playing Cytus on your tablet before you will feel like you have less control and that your hands get in the way from you realizing the next indicators to tap. I personally don't see a need to have an iPhone but I have small hands and didn't want a big phone like the Samsung and other brands of phones. I can completely grip my iPhone while tapping and sliding all over the screen. The Switch is about 60% bigger than my phone and I can't grip it that well while I am doing all the actions. You can preserver around this and still get high scores as you remember certain parts of songs you missed actions and slowly improve. Please note this is for tap mode since there is another mode where you can use the controllers.

It is also very funny that the game seems more controller friendly than tap friendly. In some instances, it was easier to navigate with the controller than swiping. I personally haven't been playing with the controllers because I love tapping and button pressing.

I very much recommend this game because if its huge variety of songs to play from and there is a match mode so you can challenge other people online! If you have a Switch and can't seem to find anything please take a look at Cytus Alpha.

Thank you so much for reading! Please note I am catching up on a lot of posts this month and next month so expect a lot more to be published. Either way until next time, keep playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment