Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon And Ritual of the Night

Hello everybody! And welcome back to another limited edition review. Today we have Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon which was already released digitally on only on the PlayStation store but also to people who backed Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Kickstarter and Fangamer and the actual Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night! Many people backed it mostly for the solid fact that Koji Igarashi, one of the godfathers of gothic exploration-focused action platformers, is behind this game! Must say I backed it on Fangamer and love playing Curse of the Moon on veteran mode. It just brings back nostalgic memories. Ritual of the Night arrived last week! So this review will actually cover both!


Now let us start with Curse of the Moon! Now it is called Classic Edition because it is in a nostalgic NES style outer box and case sleeve. Limited Run has been superb with these physical collections so it wasn’t any surprise that this game sold out almost instantly.



 Honestly, it looks super beautiful with full-color interior art, a reversible 18" by 24" poster and CD soundtrack.



The soundtrack has a whopping 41 tracks! Which is huge considering most soundtracks keep around 10 to 15.




I wanted to grab the PlayStation Vita version of this game but me using my phone and Starbucks wifi right after work didn’t get it within that two-second time period that it was completely sold out. But it is ok because Ritual of the Night will be on PS4 and I plan on getting it for PS4 because they already said they will not have it for Vita due to it being discontinued. So I guess it will look nice because I have both games for PS4 so they can stand side by side together in the collection. 

Now for Ritual of the Night! 


I backed this on Fangamer and when it was delivered it came with this cool rainbow shine slipcover!




I am not sure if you get the same backer slipcover if you backed it before on Kickstarter but I would hope it would be just as epic.



There is no full art cover side but just playing this game is everything. You get to see everybody from Curse of the Moon and the whole story just connects completely. I also love how funny some of the monsters are in the game. Even if you didn't get both of these games physically I would highly recommend it for its interesting and continuous gameplay! 

If you like these reviews and want to help support this blog check out my Patreon!

Until next time, keep playing what you love!



No comments:

Post a Comment