Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2021

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time Collector's Edition PS4 Review

 I am so happy Limited Run Games had a collector's edition for the Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time cause it came pretty quick! The game itself was $50 but for $129.99 this felt like a steal! This was available for the Nintendo Switch but I had to run with the Playstation 4. 

This collector's edition not only brings the game but also a 18" by 24" double sided poster, three art cards, original soundtrack CD, Jack's Katana letter opener and 7" Samurai Jack statue. All of these were packed in this tall nice box with Jack in the portal on top with different areas around the sides. Limied Run Games also included their little trading card with it as always.





To start the game does in fact come with manual featuring the main characters and the game cover is double sided which I love! 






The poster looks fantastic and I hope to laminate it since it is a standard paper poster. My favorite side is where Jack and Aku are clashing.


This CD alone would be $40 cause it actually has 70 tracks, most of them go with certain areas of the game and the rest are character themes and music of the game. Knowing me I will leave this on repeat while I take public transit.


The three art cards are 5 3/8 by 4 1/8 and feature scenery from the show and game. I think placing these behind the katana letter opener would make an amazing shrine to Samurai Jack! 

The katana letter opener does come with a stand and it has a bit of weight to it! Feels like most of it is made of metal and it is the size of a regular pen and it does open letters cause I been using it on all my mail. Not only does it look like the magical katana but it is a great desk piece for any fan.

Last is the statue which I was shook when I took it out cause it looks so good. It came in two pieces which is the base with the portal and Jack. It was easy to put together cause you just have to put Jack into place. It is nicely bottom weighted so I don't worry about it being knocked down.

Overall this collector's edition is a solid gold star. I do wish the poster was a cloth poster with a ripped look so it looked like Jack's ripped outfit in battle, besides that, I think this whole box was worth three times more than I paid. 

I started playing the game and it just makes me smile. I grew up watching Samurai Jack as a kid and it was the only show my parents would watch with me and gave me time to stay up and watch on Cartoon Network. I adore the enemy machines blowing up like in the show, seeing the friends he made in his long journey of getting to Aku and actually having a skill upgrade system to have Jack do some sick moves on tones of foes! If you were not able to get the collector's edition I highly recommend you play the game!

Thank you so much for reading! If anybody needs me I will be trying to 100% the game now. Until next time, stay hyped!

No comments:

Post a Comment