Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Stationery I Buy in Bulk which Helped me Save Money

Hello and Happy almost February! Time is flying but it feels like certain days feel faster than others.

Since I am still working from home I have been buying everything in bulk and there are a few major items that I did buy in bulk that I will share here. Don't worry I will make a post on the stationery shops I did order from the most in 2020 so please keep your eye out for that!

Overall the main reason why I buy in bulk is to order less often. The more I order the greater chance I will add stuff I don't need into the cart and the more times I have to pay to ship. So if I only order from each store a few times a year, I will make sure I buy only what I need all at once.

Onwards to what I buy!

  • Notebooks: This covers all the blank, undated notebooks I use which include Hobonichi plain notebook and Hobonichi papers, MD notebooks in A5, and the three-pack, Traveler's Notebook inserts, ca.crea premium A4/3 notebooks. More often than not these items do get sold out so buying them all at once will help me to worry when they will be in stock again.

  • Ink and Pen refills: This sounds crazy but packaging wise makes the most sense. I always order inks with a new pen or a bunch of inks together so it will make use of the entire shipping box and make the shipping cost worth it. Glass ink bottles especially get a lot of packaging material so adding a few more inks will make use of all of it. Pen refills are so small that it makes so much sense to buy a handful of them cause they can fit into a tiny little box and they weigh almost nothing so the shipping cost might be the same anyway.

  • Adhesive: I still only use the Nochiban Tenori Adhesive Stamp as the only adhesive for everything and it has been doing great however, I stick everything into my Hobonichi planner so I use up the refills quickly. Thus, I end up buying the refills ten at a time to prevent me from buying them last minute when I have nothing else to buy. If I switch to something else in the future I will also bulk order it as well.

  • Stamps and Stickers: If I buy one I most likely end up buying ten or more from the same seller and artist. Stamps and stickers are small and don't weigh that much so every time I order I dump all the ones I been keeping my eye on for a while and order them all. 
Everything else not mentioned does get added into a bulk order with one of these items like a new fountain pen, a converter, or even washi tape. Overall, this has helped me greatly since shipping prices are so crazy now, we all need to make the most of each cent! 

Hope this helped someone, let me know in the comments what you bulked ordered! Until next time, stay hyped!

No comments:

Post a Comment