Search This Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Keeping my Reading Schedule While Working from Home

Hello and welcome follow readers of all books!

 To start off, I am thankful to still have my job during this time. I would definitely be in a bad position if I didn't have it. However, adjusting from traveling to the office by public transit (1.5 to 2 hours one way) is difficult. I ended up going from waking up at 6AM to waking up at 8AM, leaving me with a little less than an hour to clock in for work. The major change was that I traded my transit travel reading time for sleep!

Waking up late pushed my reading time out of schedule completely! I had not realized this until I started decluttering my bookshelves. I have a pile of books I started earlier this year before lockdown that I didn't finish. Now in hope that I can make a bit more room in the office I am trying to get back into reading at my usual time from 6:45AM to 8:30AM.

The funny thing is I actually sleep about eight hours naturally so it made sense why I used to go to bed at 10PM to wake up at 6AM. While I been working at home these past months I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 8AM.

Thus in order to get my reading time back, I had to force myself to go to sleep at 10PM. This is hard since I stream on Twitch late in the day and I play my mobile games before going to sleep. But it is worth getting up with the sun while there are peace and quiet to sit with a nice glow of a candle and a warm cup of coffee.



I now hope to keep on schedule after almost six months of going to sleep late. I have been doing good to the point I am almost done with my first book! Sometimes it is best to try to keep things the way they were! 

Let me know what books you are reading! I will update the page to include a list of what I am currently reading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment